-
November 21st, 2006, 05:22 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I use photoshop, but there is also a program called Paint Shop Pro which is much less expensive and just as good - in fact, when I started messing with graphics about seven years ago,that's what I used. You can download a trial version for free at the websit.
I only got Photoshop because it was bundled with my laptop. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyway, when I did my avatar picture, I used layers, which are like panes of glass, only digital. I made one layer for her eyes. I used a paintbrust tool and put green only over the eye part, and then I adjusted the blend mode until I liked it (the blend mode changes how the light would move through the window pane, so to speak). For the hair, I "cut out" the hair from the #28 photo and recolored it by using some of the other image editing tools (I used the "color adjustment," auto levels, brightness/contrast, the sharpness tool, and others). I also had to use the smudge and blur tools and the patchwork tool on the original picture's face so that it matched the new hairline.
But I know that some of the other ones simply copied and pasted parts of one onto another, or did what I did for the eyes but on the hair. There's lots of ways to do it, and it's pretty easy if you play around with it a lot and practice.
[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks